Missouri Mom Dies After Contracting The Bourbon Virus, An Untreatable Tick-Borne Illness

Tamela Wilson

Tamela Wilson, a Missouri mom, died one month after contracting an untreatable tick-borne illness. While working at the Meramec State Park in May, Wilson discovered two ticks attached to her body.

The 58-year-old Missouri mom of one removed the two ticks and continued on with her daily duties as assistant park superintendent. Several days later, Tamela Wilson was struck by both nausea and fever and ultimately became lethargic.

Missouri doctors were reportedly confused by the sudden illness and diagnosed Wilson with a urinary tract infection. The Meramec State Park worker was sent home from the hospital with antibiotics, but her health continued to deteriorate.

A week after the ticks attached themselves to her body, Tamela Wilson took a turn for the worse and was admitted to the hospital. It was only after additional blood work was completed that doctors realized she was afflicted with the Bourbon virus. The untreatable and rare tick-borne illness first presented in patients in 2014.

Click here to continue and read more…

Health | The Inquisitr